Documentation of the making of a Spanish chorizo (sausage). The video metaphorically deals with the double meaning of "chorizo": on one hand its food meaning, and on the other its popular meaning of thief.
- 70% pork (ham or shoulder)
- 30% of bacon or jowl meat
- 25 grams of paprika (per kilo of meat)
- 18 grams of salt (per kilo of meat)
- 2 cloves of garlic (per kilo of meat)
Add oregano to taste and half a liter of good red wine per 10 kilos of meat.
Knead meat thoroughly until a dough firmly packed. Put the dough in a bowl covered with a white cloth for 12 hours. After this time, stuffing in pork or beef tripe with a pin pricking gut evenly throughout it.
Tying the chorizo in a cool, dry place (avoid excessive moisture and heat).Let it aerate for at least 15 days before consumption.